free web site traffic and promotion

Friday, January 6, 2012

The monster who beat me

I could feel the fear in my heart as the next glass came flying across the room which hit me at the side of the head and cut my face.

My hands were shaking and tears were streaming down my face as he drew closer towards me and grabbed me by the throat. I began to choke and could barely breathe as I attempted to struggle.

Gareth was too strong the more I tried to struggle the harder he grabbed me so I began to give up until my little girl Amelia came to the rescue.

Mummy, Mummy are you alright did daddy hurt you? I’m sorry Amelia I didn’t mean to hurt mummy did I Maisie he said to me? I just nodded and reassured Amelia that everything was alright as this was the first time she had actually see him hurt me, although it had been going on for months.

Amelia seemed scared for her mummy and she didn’t much like daddy right now which is why I decided it was time to move on.

So when Gareth went to work the next day Amelia and I packed up our bags and we went to stay with my mum.

My mother was very shocked to hear what Gareth had done and immediately insisted that Amelia and I should stay until we found a place after all the house was big enough for all of us.

No-one could believe it Gareth came across as the perfect husband that every woman would wish for.

Several weeks went passed and Gareth would stalk me and wait outside my mum’s waiting for me to take Amelia to school and then he would pounce on me and follow me. I was scared not only for myself but for Amelia and my mum was constantly phoning the police as she was worried for Amelia’s and my safety. After a long talk with my mother that night we decided to go to the council and see if they could put us in a refuge.

The council placed us almost immediately but it was a long way from mum which made Amelia and I very sad but we had to get away from him he was dangerous.

Amelia and I soon settled in but then Gareth started to harass my mother begging her to tell him where we were. He even turned on the waterworks to make my mother feel sorry for him but she didn’t tell him until he came at her with a knife and threatened to slit her throat.

This time it had gone to far but my mother gave him a false address and that day she packed her stuff and went and got her savings out the bank and put herself up in a hotel near Amelia and I.

The following day she came to visit me at the refuge and then she headed off to the estate agent and looked at several flats and put down a deposit. The flat was just down the road from my refuge. Meanwhile, the house was on the market and my mother was near Amelia and I again.

Months went by and I got a house down the road from mum and finally Amelia and I could be happy again and to this day I haven’t seen Gareth since.

No comments:

Post a Comment